Pride Month Resources
On behalf of the Diversity and Inclusion Initiative Team, Happy Pride Month!
There are several local Pride organizations with events planned throughout the month:
- Baton Rouge local pride events – https://bit.ly/38X92eT
- NOLA local pride events – https://bit.ly/3NPhKdE
- NOLA local pride events organized for black residents – https://bit.ly/3NdqNVS
- Lafayette and Acadiana area pride events – https://bit.ly/3NPhZ8y
Additionally, more information regarding the origins of pride month, and the rainbow pride flag, can be found here: https://bit.ly/3x5xkem
2. NOLA pride parade: June 11 in the Marigny, (it was recommended to arrive at least a half hour before the event to get a good spot. Starts near the Phoenix at 6pm
3. Inaugural Pride and Diversity celebration in Crescent Park in the Bywater neighborhood at Mandeville Wharf 2-7 pm. This is a free event including live music , community organization performances, kids activities, curated arts and craft market, food and beverage booths. A family event!
5. Longue Vue House and Gardens is hosting a family friendly event with fan decorating, drag queen story time, and a community resources fair from 10am-1pm
“Condensed to the Point of Explosion”: Pride Month Soiree