[Blog] Dr Francis Hwang On The 5 Things Parents Can Do To Help Their Children Thrive and Excel In School
New Orleans Site Based Supervisor, Dr. Francis Hwang, Ph.D., BCBA-D, LBA, who leads Touchstone ABA’s on-site services at St. Michael’s Special School in New Orleans, was recently interviewed by Authority Magazine for their series ‘5 Things Parents Can Do To Help Their Children Thrive and Excel In School.’
In the interview, Dr. Francis introduces herself and how she got into ABA (Applied Behavior Analysis). She discusses the ins and outs of the field of education, how it can be approved, and how parents and teachers alike can better help students navigate the challenges of our day. Lastly, she shares the 5 things parents can do to help their children thrive and excel in school.
The entire interview can be read here.
Below is the list of the questions she was asked.
- Can you share with us a bit about your “backstory”?
- Can you share the most interesting story that happened to you since you started your career? Can you tell us what lesson you learned from that?
- Can you please give us your favorite “Life Lesson Quote”? Can you share how that was relevant to you in your life?
- You are a successful leader. Which three-character traits do you think were most instrumental to your success? Can you please share a story or example for each?
- Are you working on any exciting new projects now? How do you think that will help people?
- Can you help articulate the main challenges that students face today that make it difficult to succeed in school?
- Can you suggest a few reforms that you think schools should make to help students to thrive and excel?
- For the benefit of our readers, can you tell us a bit why you are an authority about how to help children succeed in school?
- As you know, teachers play such a huge role in shaping young lives. What would you suggest needs to be done to attract top talent to the education field?
- Here is our primary question. Can you please share your “5 Things Parents Can Do To Help Their Children Thrive and Excel In School?” Please share a story or example for each.
- Is there a person in the world, or in the US, with whom you would love to have a private breakfast or lunch, and why? He or she might just see this if we tag them 🙂
You can further follow Dr. Francis’ work through https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Francis-Hwang-Nesbit